You are about to submit an application form to the Admission Board of the Master's Degree Programme Media Studies (CROHO 60831).
If you have a non-Dutch degree, then please submit your application directly in Studielink (you should not continue with the steps below).
If you do have a Dutch degree, then please continue with the following steps.
BEFORE submitting this form, remember:
- to register in Studielink
- to fill out all fields of this form.
- that registration and application does not mean that you're admitted to the program of your choice. You will receive a letter of acceptance or a rejection letter from the admission board.
- to meet our registration deadlines. In order to do this, only applications received by the published deadline dates can be considered for admission. Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider any applications received after the deadline, regardless of when or how they were sent.
Dutch students: application before August 15 2024
EU/EEA students: application before May 1 2024
non-EU/EEA students: application before May 1 2024
General admission requirements:
- A University of Groningen Bachelor's Degree in Media Studies allows direct access to the Master DDL, MCI and SMS, (yet one still has to apply via the Media Studies Admissions Board with this form)
- Any Dutch University's Bachelor's Degree without a Media Studies/Journalism background may allow access into the pre-Master’s bridging programme. The Admissions Board could decide to shorten the pre-Master’s bridging programme for candidates who have already successfully completed one or more Media Studies/Journalism related components
- Any Dutch Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences (Dutch: HBO) may be considered for a pre-master programme;
- All candidates applying for the Journalistiek/Journalism programme need to complete the full application procedure, this includes written assignments that will be sent to the candidates directly;
- An English Language Proficiency test is required for candidates who hold a degree from a University of Applied Sciences;
The admission procedure for Dutch degree applicants in short:
1. Applicants register via Studielink
2. Applicants send information via (this very) Formdesk form
3. The Admission board reviews requests and decides to a) reject, b) accept c) propose a pre-master programme
4. The Admission board sends a letter of acceptance, rejection letter or pre-master proposal
5. Candidates respond to the letter and accept or reject admission into the Master's programme, or into the proposed pre-master programme
6. The admission procedure is completed after candidates have accepted the Board's proposal and when information about previous education and language proficiency has been sent to the Office for student affairs (BSZ). The application in Studielink will then be finalized by the Office for Student Affairs.
Should you have any further questions about the admission procedure, please check out the University's website. If you can't find the answer to your question on our website, only then contact the admission support team via firstname.lastname@example.org